Use of Information
Billing Bureau Pty. Ltd. (ABN 99 113 961 961) of Level 7, 276 Flinders Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000, is firmly committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information. We maintain robust physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information in its care. We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), as well as other applicable laws and codes.
By using our services, you are consenting to us collecting, using and disclosing your personal information. This information is collected from you for the purposes of (amongst other things):
- providing you with our products or services;
- administering, improving and personalizing our products and services for you;
- identifying you;
- managing and administering our products and services;
- managing promotions, verifying your identity, communicating with you including direct marketing, conducting product and market research, maintaining and updating our records, dealing with enquiries from you, and working with our service providers;
- protecting against fraud (or suspected fraud).
Using your personal information, we endeavor to improve our understanding of your interests, suitability and behaviour in relation to products, services and offers including conducting risk assessments for financial products.
The information we may collect may include:
- your name, address and other contact details;
- email address;
- payment and transaction details and history;
- records of your communications and interactions with us;
- details of your customers as required to enable you to use our services;
- details and history of your preferences;
- your interests and behaviours relating to transactions, products, services and activity with our products and services; and
- such other information that is considered reasonably necessary.
Where possible, we will collect the personal information directly from you. In some circumstances, however, we may need to collect this information from a third party. For example, we may collect information from the provider of a payments platform where your transactions are stored, information about the transactions you undertake. We may also collect information from other participants in the payments system and other financial institutions in order resolve disputes or errors.
When you enter or upload your data into our services, we don’t own that data but you grant us a licence to use, copy, transmit, store, analyse, and back up all data you submit to us through our services, including personal data of yourself and others, to: enable you to use our services; allow us to improve, develop and protect our services; communicate with you about your subscription; and send you information relevant to you.
If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, we may be unable to provide you with the requested products and services.
Providing your information to others
We may provide your information:
- to another member of its group;
- to any outsourced service providers;
- to regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
- to other parties as is authorised or required by law; or
- to participants in the payments system and other financial institutions for the purpose of resolving disputes, errors or other matters arising out of your use of the prepaid card or third parties using your prepaid card or information stored on your prepaid card.
To facilitate transaction investigation and to assist with identification of suspicious or fraudulent transactions, your personal information and transaction details may be sent to countries other than Australia. As at the date of this document, these countries are likely to include the United States of America. By using our website, you agree that your personal information and transaction details may be sent overseas.
We provide information and services through a range of digital and online services including websites, apps, email, online advertisements, and social media. These services may be operated by us or other group companies to provide you with a personalised use of each of those products and services and provide targeted marketing.
We may use “cookies”. A cookie allows our servers to identify and interact more effectively with you and your device(s). The cookie assists us in maintaining the continuity of your browsing session (e.g. to maintain a shopping cart) and remembering your details and preferences when you return.
Our systems record a variety of information relating to interactions with our website. This information may include the software versions used, device identifiers (e.g. IP addresses), location data (where available and not disabled by the user), dates, times, file metadata, referring website, data entered and user activity ,such as links clicked.
The website youronlinechoices.com.au also allows you to opt-out of some online behavioral advertising and provides further information about how online behavioral advertising works. You can contact us to request further details of the services we use. Many of these services operate without collecting or using any personal information.
Our online services may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of those sites and recommend that you review their privacy policies.
Billing Bureau takes reasonable steps to protect the personal we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and against other misuse. We strive to protect all confidential information transmitted to and from our website and we regularly review developments in security and encryption technologies.
We cannot, however, guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of any information passing over the internet via non-secured email or via this Website.
Should we suspect that there has been unauthorised access to personal data owned by you, we’ll notify you and provide details of the suspected breach in accordance with Billing Bureau’s Data Breach Policy and Procedure. Where the data owned by you includes the personal information of others, depending on the nature of the breach, you may be required to assess whether the breach must be reported to the contact and/or a relevant authority.
Accessing your personal information
Subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles, you may access any of your personal information at any time by calling us. We may charge you a reasonable fee for access. If you can show that information about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, we will take reasonable steps to ensure it is corrected so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
There may be circumstances when we may be unable to provide you with access or to correct your information, in which case we will provide you with a written reason.
For access and correction enquiries and complaints, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
Where it is lawful and practicable, we will provide you with the option to deal with us and use our services without identifying yourself.
Further rights of data subjects in the European Union (“EU”)
If you are a data subject in the EU, you may contact us to exercise the following further rights:
- request for the erasure of your Personal Data;
- request for the restriction of processing of your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data; and/or
- request to transfer your personal Data to you or a third-party.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant EU supervisory authority if we have contravened any applicable laws or regulations.
All requests made to us in exercising the rights above will be processed within a reasonable time except where we refuse such requests in accordance with any applicable laws or regulations.
Address: Privacy Compliance Officer
Billing Bureau Pty. Ltd.
276 Flinders Street
Melbourne, VIC 3000